Fühlen Sie Sich in Deutschland zu Hause
Überleben und dann sich einleben in Deutschland als
Make Germany Your Home
Survive in Germany and then thrive in Germany
as an expat homemaker
You would like to survive - and then thrive - in Germany
If your focus is on surviving - and then thriving - in Germany as an expat homemaker, then you may be primarily interested in learning German in order to help make Germany into a home for you and your family.
I would like to help you with that!
Our lessons together will be conversational and will focus on the practicalities and realities of caring for and supporting a family in Germany today.
As a working mother myself - with years of experience in raising a family and organizing a household - I can help you not only with the required German vocabulary but also (if you like) with some practical tips and advice to help you find your feet and then prosper in your new home country.
I have found with previous students that by discussing these topics with me you will learn German in a natural and relaxed fashion and will also steadily gain confidence in interacting with the German-speaking world around you.
With lessons based on interesting and useful topics
Some examples of the topics we could talk about together are:
- Finding a home
- Coordinating with a relocation service
- Furnishing/Decorating a home
- Dealing with tradesmen
- Phoning/writing to your landlord
- Bills and bureaucracy
- Insurance issues
- Daily issues in and around the house
- Meeting your neighbors
- Going to the hairdresser
- Eating out
- Leisure activities and hobbies
- Using the post office, bank and other services
- Visiting the doctor
- The health insurance system
- Travel & public transport
- Social habits and 'rules' in Germany
- Separating the trash
- Observing 'quiet times'
- Social invitations
- Public holidays
Which will help you to make Germany your home
My focus will be on helping you to:
- Start with German or improve your current German skills
- Get to know and understand the local German culture and customs
- Settle in and feel more comfortable in your new home country
So, if that sounds like what you are looking for, I am looking forward to hearing from you and to supporting you in achieving your goals!